Z/Yen encourages people in the firm to support Community Service and to think creatively about ways in which our firm can leverage its resources to help society advance. We encourage our people to give time and, where appropriate, money to voluntary sector organisations and charities, though the firm itself does not typically provide direct financial support to charities as a matter of policy.
Our Community Service takes some of the following forms:
- Payroll Giving is a scheme that enables employees to give to any UK charity straight from their gross salary (before tax is deducted), and to receive immediate tax relief - Payroll Giving. Z/Yen promotes Payroll Giving in our workplace and we are proud to have a Platinum Award for staff involvement and levels of giving.
- Encouraging staff to serve as trustees or provide voluntary services to, amongst others - Gresham College, Christ's Hospital, IFAW, Ocean Alliance, Sea-Change Sailing Trust, Council for Assisting Refugee Academics, Refugee Council, Thames Match, Real Time Club, Morden College, The Lord Mayor's Appeal, Livery Companies Apprenticeship Scheme.
- Running our online exchange laboratory and training centre ExtZy, encouraging charity donations as well as educating students.
- Providing statistical processing skills and tools to several charities, particularly to increase marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Recognised support for the Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation.
- Providing 'open house' days for The Brokerage Citylink's City4aDay programme, the Worshipful Company of Mercer's schools - Mercers away day, and other schools;
- Providing lectures for, amongst others, Peter Symond's School Winchester, Tower Hamlets College, Eton, City of London School for Girls, St Paul's School, Winchester College.
Internships and research projects for a wide variety of people coming from the following institutions:
- Birmingham City University
- Georgia State University
- Gresham College
- Harvard University
- London School of Economics & Political Science
- Oxford University
- St Andrews University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Chicago
- University of Edinburgh
- Reepham College