- "Zen and Yen - "A philosophical desire to make money" … "improve performance"
- Performance ratios - Z/Y
- Focus on solution - not A/B
- Typographic logo on its own, unabbrvbl.
- Eastern paradox - unified dualism - balance - harmony - desire - enlightenment not fads
- Not Arthur Aardvark
- We have fusion food, so why not fusion business.
- Try fusing “Clean Business Cuisine” and “The Price of Fish”.
- Z/Yen ...... helps good people solve wicked problems.
- Z/Yen ...... helps organisations prosper by making better choices…through risk control, strategic enhancement and systemic management.
- Z/Yen ...... improves organisations by helping them make better choices.
- Z/Yen ...... works with clients on initiatives which manage risk and enhance reward.
- Z/Yen ...... not just a think-tank, but also a do-tank.
- Z/Yen ...... for those who understand Z/Yen, then no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, then sadly, no explanation is possible.
- Z/Yen ...... are Masters of Measurement - time to measure what you want to be.
- We ...... undertake special projects for clients in order to help make better choices - which we implement through projects or coaching.
- We ...... help organisations improve.
- We ...... reduce complexity, making things as simple as they should be, but no simpler.
- We ...... manage change.
- We ...... improve decisions through analysis of risk and rewards.
- We ...... do people, organisational, strategy, systems and intelligence projects.
- We ...... work mainly with organisations in financial services, business to business services, high technology and the voluntary sector.
- We ...... invest in our clients, our partners and ourselves, sharing the rewards from our efforts while retaining and developing innovation and humour.
- We ...... help people see from new perspectives.
- We ...... enchance organisations.
- We ...... design tomorrow's organisation today.
- We ...... specialise in the eclectic.
- We ...... change attitudes towards risk and reward.
- We ...... are applied management scientists.
- We ...... are very special problem solvers.
- We ...... give the advice others only talk about.
- We ...... attempt to measure the unmeasurable.
- We ...... engineer success.
- We ...... challenge preconceptions in order to improve performance.
- We ...... are a think well.
- We ...... are a think spring.
- We ...... have a shop window of new ideas.
If you don't need to improve, Z/Yen is optional; survival is not mandatory.
Some people call in the corporate doctors - we're the vets.
All organisations have some tough nuts to crack - we're the nutcrackers.
We have compiled the highlights from more than a decade of Z/Yen to make our own big red book, Z/Yen ... This is your life!
Z/Yen is highly skilled in problem solving to engineer success. The group helps organisations prosper by making better choices. We challenge preconceptions in order to improve performance through risk control, strategic enhancement and systemic management through analysis.
Strengths include communityZ, intelligence and research, with research interests including operations processing, new risk products (e.g. insurance hybrids), prediction systems, best execution, liquidity estimation, and institutional investment evaluation and wholesale finance strategy.
Z/Yen has founded several online communities and discussion forums. These communities flourish through online activities via our community websites, blogs and surveys and our seminars, conferences, colloquies, round tables discussions and report launches.
Z/Yen has developed several tools for its communities. These include tools to calculate potential future CO2 prices and to estimate the potential impact of different policy scenarios on your business, such as a Price Impact Calculator, a Carbon Footprint Calculator and an Investment Return Calculator.
SpecialiZm, Z/Yen's expert resourcing division, provides experts for managerial positions. Find out how you could apply your expertise here. You can also check the requirements under 'Careers' to become a member. To join the SpecialiZm group at SpecialiZm Group and you can create your own CV and download it in both Word and PDF format.
Z/Yen publishes across a variety of journals, magazines and reports, and all of our external content is available for free via the Research and Publications sections of www.zyen.com. This includes articles from the variety of sectors that we work for, reports, previous projects and our recommended reading list.
You are able to download and print PDF’s of our publications for personal, educational and informational purposes. You can also register on our Community to publish your own articles and reference links of interesting finance topics.
Well, you’re clearly an eagle-eyed reader of Clean Business Cuisine (and who isn’t?). These are 汉字 - ‘hànzì’, i.e. Chinese characters. 聚圆 "chú yuán" translates directly as “unite circle”. However, these are ‘simplified’ characters. In traditional characters, our phrase would be 聚圆. Sadly, the Japanese 汉字 - kanji – aren’t equivalent in this case. Other translations of the same characters might include “gather round” or “bring people together around money”, in Z/Yen terms “commerce”. When we went down this road, we were close to trying to say “eternal circle”. So, what’s the gist? Z/Yen tries to tackle ‘wicked problems’ where finance and technology meet social issues. We believe that by bringing people together in a community we can help to solve wicked problems, particularly if we’re aware that people, as Adam Smith noted, can create social benefits through semi-selfish behaviours.